You probably do not think about the inner workings of a refrigerator until it shuts down, or before it is time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible out of this invaluable appliance it can be very useful to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and Jet City Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to find out everything you need to know concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and if it’s the time to hire refrigerator repair Seattle.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many homes that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard kitchen appliance for several years now. A household refrigerator stores food at the optimal temperature, in order to prevent spoilage and slow down harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by distributing the heat from inside of the unit to the exterior, by relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Jet City Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combo of a pump and a motor, and it is need for the circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional company if the compressor is not working.
A condenser is found on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and helps to disperse the heat collected within the refrigerator out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is attached in the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs the heat trapped within it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator isn’t working, it is time to hire a professional. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquified refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube that serves as an expansion tool to cool the gas inside, thereby turning the gas into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle as it is needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Seattle for repair the moment a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors signal the compressor to begin, and the cool down begins. The refrigerator collects the cool liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the heated gas towards the condenser coils on the back of the unit, where it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the room and reverts back to a liquid form.
3. The cooled liquified gas continues its trip to the evaporator, pushing through the coils on the inside of the appliance and freezer compartment.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the heated air from inside the appliance, thereby lowering the temperature until it has reached the best set point.
5. The refrigerant will evaporate, and turns back into a gas state, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in many applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from one area and then moving it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a house, provides a safe environment for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of several different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need professional attention? You can schedule repair with Jet City Appliance Repair.
Jet City Appliance Repair can repair nearly all popular brands of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed service technicians in Seattle are trained to repair cooling issues, broken ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart functionality and various issues. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2021  Jet City Appliance Repair